As Head Girl, the student will:
- Acts as an ambassador for the school at various events- e.g. Open Days, Presentation Evening, school visits.
- Sets excellent standards for the rest of the school in terms of appearance, conduct, attitude to work and involvement in school activities.
- Supports the development of positive relationships with pupils and staff.
- Supports the management of prefects and mentors.
- Attends a fortnightly meeting with the prefects.
- Leads various schemes such as peer mentoring, fundraising and volunteering.
What qualities are needed in the student?
- Be an excellent role model
- A passionate belief in the school mission statement
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and behaviour
- Leadership skills
- Ability to manage a team effectively
- Supportive approach towards staff and pupils
- Ability to take advice
- Confident in a variety of settings
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to serving other people
- Willing and able to give up time to contribute to the school.
The Head Girl is appointed in Y12 once prefect recruitment has been completed. The Head Girl is appointed by the Senior Leadership Team.