Social Enterprise Club Representatives
As a Social Enterprise Club Representative, the student will:
- Attend a weekly afterschool club during which preparations for projects are completed.
- Produce a business idea which they believe will raise funds and awareness for a project of their choice.
- Pitch their ideas to an audience in school in order to gain funding for their project.
- Liaise with local businesses in order to secure good deals for their project with regards to supplies.
- Successfully run their business for a period of a week and raise funds for their chosen project.
- Deliver outcomes for a project of their choice (e.g. Eco Schools – Green Flag Award)
What qualities are needed in the student?
- Passion for partaking in charitable/advocacy work
- Strong organisational skills
- Great interpersonal skills in order to communicate well with various people from working with peers to liaising with businesses and other stake holders in school
- Ability to work in a professional and mature manure
- Ability to work effectively within a group
- Good business sense
- Ability to deliver presentations in a confident manner
- Reliable and responsible
Students in Year 7, 8 & 9 can participate.