As a Subject Ambassador, the student will:
- Support subjects during school events such as Option Evenings, Open Evenings & Taster Day
- Supporting learning through booster/AST sessions, lunchtime clubs & revision sessions.
- Mentoring small groups of school students
- Meets DOL once a term to discuss any concerns/ issues.
- Will approach DOL with any questions from the class.
- Can feedback ideas from the class to the class teacher.
What qualities are needed in the student?
- Has maintained at least 90% attendance in lessons
- On track to achieving target grade during assessments
- Awareness of the course & exam requirements
- Passionate about subject area
- Good role model
- Strong organisational skills
- Confidence and sensitivity to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to relate to fellow students effectively
- Ability to deliver presentations to various audiences in a confident manner
- Ability to manage a small group of fellow students
Students in Y10 & Y11 Maths can complete this role through a class vote.
Students in Year 12 and Year 13 can apply for this role in any Humanities subject-Sociology, Psychology, History and RS.
Students in Y12 & Y13 can apply for this in Science.