As a Student Teacher, the student will be required to:
- Take full responsibility for the planning, teaching and marking for a class.
- Attend weekly sessions to help you succeed in the role.
- Attend a weekly meeting with a subject specialist mentor to support and guide you in the planning, teaching and marking.
- Be observed and supported during lessons receiving regular feedback from your mentor.
What qualities are needed in the student?
- Have completed AS Level in a related subject to a grade ’C’ or above.
- Be articulate, confident with young people and passionate about the subject you will teach.
- Be a highly committed, fully professional at all times and prepared to work hard in a highly successful school.
- Be able to take full responsibility for the teaching of a class in school whilst continuing your A Level studies.
The recruitment process begins towards the end of Year 12 for a start date in Year 13.