We firmly believe that a successful student has more to offer than a set of exam results, particularly if they are to fulfil their potential as future leaders in multi-cultural 21st century Britain.
T6 offers a range of extra-curricular activities that allow all our young women to develop their unique talents and demonstrate a different set of skills and personal qualities beyond those required simply for academic success.
All students benefit from an extra-curricular programme that includes:
- A regular programme of trips to places of interest
- Regular outdoor activities
- A sports programme
- Student and subject societies
- Careers placements in Year 12
- University preparation events & courses
- Members of 6th Form Shura
- Weekly tutorial module to prepare for University applications
- Community service opportunities
- Ethical living programmes
By becoming engaged in community projects and charity work, especially charitable projects with an international dimension, our students are given the opportunity to develop personally and to demonstrate leadership and community service.
Students in T6 also lead activities in the main school (TIGHS). They are seen as role models for the rest of the school and learn how to handle authority and responsibility in an effective and appropriate way.
Through this range of activities, T6 students acquire skills of leadership and teamwork, strategy development and implementation, organisation, finance and communication. Our aim is for each student to have an attractive portfolio of evidence and achievement, which can be presented to any college, university, or employer.