|11 – 16 Performance Measure||2017||2018|
|% of pupils who achieved grade 5 or above in English and maths at the end of KS4||82%||TBC|
|% of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate||93%||TBC|
|% of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate||76%||TBC|
|% of pupils continuing in education or training, or moving on to employment in the year after the end of KS4||98%
We have rigorous target setting and performance management systems for all of our activities. These are kept under constant review by the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body. This rigorous approach makes sure the high standards we have come to expect at TIGHS are constantly maintained and enhanced.
Each student has a personalised learning plan designed to challenge and support them. Behaviour and attendance are monitored carefully. Early action is taken in any areas where a pupil’s progress is causing concern.
Parents also have an important role to play in ensuring their daughters achieve their potential. They receive half-termly report cards and are required to attend performance review meetings which will cover their daughters’ academic progress, attendance and behaviour. The sessions also set challenging, but realistic, targets for the girls.
Our GCSE exam results are outstanding. In each of the past few years, the Government announced that Tauheedul is:
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children who leave primary school with below-average results.
- One of the best schools in the country for working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Since 2008, the school has been ranked by the Government as one of the top 10 schools in the country for the progress that our students make compared to similar students in other schools across the country.
|% of students achieving 9-5 in English and Maths at Tauheedul||–||–||–||–||–||–||82||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-5 in English and Maths in Blackburn with Darwen||–||–||–||–||–||–||42||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-5 in English and Maths nationally||–||–||–||–||–||–||40||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in English and Maths at Tauheedul||96||95||96||94||91||97||95||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in English and Maths in Blackburn with Darwen||57||57||60||55||60||63||62||TBC|
|% of students achieving 9-4 (or A*-C) in English and Maths nationally||58||59||59||56||59||63||59||TBC|
The English Baccalaureate is made up of English, mathematics, history or geography, the sciences and a modern foreign language. It is a measure that shows where pupils have secured a grade ‘5’ or above across the core of academic subjects at key stage 4. It is designed to enable parents and pupils to see how their school is performing.
Each year, over 90% of our students are entered for all of the qualifications needed for the English Baccalaureate.
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate at Tauheedul||61||76||85||73||74||79||76||TBC|
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate in Blackburn with Darwen||9||10||18||21||21||25||18||TBC|
|% of students achieving the English Baccalaureate nationally||15||18||23||23||23||23||20||TBC|
In school league tables in January 2018, the Government confirmed the following for Tauheedul:
- ‘Progress 8’ Score of +1.81 – the highest value added score in the country.
- ‘Attainment 8’ score of 65 – seventh highest amongst non-selective schools.
- 82% of students achieved a ‘strong pass’ in English and Maths – ranked sixth nationally.
- 76% achieved the English Baccalaureate, the second highest nationally and over 50 percentage points higher than the national average.
- 67% of students with low prior achievement achieved a ‘standard pass’ English and Maths, ranked highest in the country. Around 10% achieve this nationally.
- 75% of students from disadvantaged backgrounds achieved a ‘strong pass’ in English and Maths, ranked eighth nationally. Nationally, around a quarter of students achieve this.
To view the school’s full performance statistics on the Department for Education website, click here.